“Join us now and kick start the sustainable revolution…”
Meet Our Greener Partners
Greener Act has signed up to Tourism Declares, an initiative that supports tourism businesses, organisations and individuals in declaring a climate emergency and taking purposeful action to reduce their carbon emissions as per the advice from The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030.
- Develop a ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ within the next 12 months, which sets out our intentions to reduce carbon emissions over the next decade. For example, incentivising members of Greener Act to organise regular tree planting sessions, known as “Greener Events” in order to mitigate climate change by suppressing the excess of CO2 in our atmosphere. Greener Act allows businesses to showcase their substantiality credentials and to maximise client’s engagement, by endorsing community projects and supporting local charities.
- Share an initial public declaration of our ‘Climate Emergency Plan’, and update on progress each year.
- Accept current IPCC advice stating the need to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030 in order to keep the planet within 1.5 degrees of warming. We’ll ensure our ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ represents actions designed to achieve this as a minimum, through delivering transparent, measurable and increasing reductions in the total carbon emissions per customer arising from our operations and the travel services sold by us.
- Encourage our “Greener Partners” to make the same declaration; sharing best practice amongst peers; and actively participate in the Tourism Declares community.
- Advocate for change. We recognise the need for system change across the industry to accelerate a just transition towards carbon-free tourism.
Greener Act hopes that 2021 will be the year where all responsible stakeholders will come together, like never before, in order to “kickstart” the sustainable revolution.
Transformational Travel Council (TTC) is formed by global leaders shaping the future of meaningful tourism. It is a Cooperative Community that includes Destinations, Travel Advisors, Tour Operators, Accommodation, Wellness Retreats, Outfitters, Wisdom Schools, Social + Environmental Organizations, Institutions, Tourism Service Providers, Life + Travel Coaches. The TTC Allies come together to co-create ethical, equitable, ecologic and empathetic tourism ecosystem, and do meaningful business with one another. They use transformation design to enhance the customer journey experience, build loyalty, and use tourism to positively contribute to local communities and their livelihoods.
As a strategic partnership with the TTC, Greener Act will participate in the transformation design course to enhance the customer journey experience, build loyalty, and use tourism to positively contribute to local communities and their livelihoods.
“If we are to contribute to travel being a positive force for good in this world, it is not enough to simply return. The greatest opportunity travel holds is to use its gifts to create positive change in our lives, in our communities, and in the world.”
“If our journey transforms ourselves only we will have missed the true power of travel. The transformation must extend to the people, places, and cultures we travel to. Without this the journey becomes a selfish pursuit.”
The Long Run is a membership organisation of nature-based tourism businesses committed to driving sustainability. The community is global in scope and growing. The aim is to maintain a healthy and productive planet for posterity. Collectively we conserve over 23-million acres of biodiversity & improve the lives of 750,000 people. We seek to support, connect & inspire nature-based businesses to excel in following the highest standards of sustainability encompassing Conservation, Community, Culture and Commerce (4Cs).
Affiliate Members are highly regarded, expert non-profits, academics, institutions and media platforms that align closely with our ethos and help The Long Run to collaborate, inspire and promote its mission. They are ambassadors of The Long Run and the 4Cs approach and provide vital in-kind support to assist our vision and mission. Greener Act is very honoured to have been invited to be an affiliate member of The Long Run.